When it comes to "technology" use in schools, every responsible educator's first concerns should be student safety and educational suitability. I am suggesting that we ban one of the most potentially harmful technologies of all -- the pencil. We must eliminate them from schools because:
- A student might use a pencil to poke out the eye of another student.
- A student might write a dirty word or, worse yet, a threatening note to another student, with a pencil.
- One student might have a mechanical pencil, making those with wooden ones feel bad.
- The pencil might get stolen.
- Pencils break and need repairing all the time.
- Kids who have pencils might doodle instead of working on their assignments or listening to the teacher.